posted September 26, 2023
What's in it for you…
- Insurance enrollment available from DAY 1!
- Paid time off available from DAY 1!
- Holiday pay available from DAY 1!
- 401(k) enrollment after 30 days!
- Hotel and travel discounts at worldwide destinations!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
About this job…
The Executive Housekeeper works closely with all hotel departments to ensure high standards of guest satisfaction through cleanliness, amenity availability, and fulfilment of special requests. As leader of the housekeeping department, the Executive Housekeeper must coach and train team members, assign workload according to hotel and labor standard, manage inventory and resources, and uphold standards of cleanliness. The primary responsibility of the Executive Housekeeper is to coordinate needs of guests arriving/departing with the guest services team, adequately schedule team members to meet workload requirements, and ensure brand standards of cleanliness and upkeep are maintained.
What you’ll be doing…
- Proactively manage total cleanliness of the physical building, guest rooms, public spaces, and associates common areas.
- Ensure compliance with hotel brand standards, updating department procedures as needed.
- Recruit, train, and develop the hotel’s housekeeping team, providing ongoing learning opportunities and support as needed.
- Schedule housekeeping team based on business levels and workload demands according to hotel’s labor guidelines.
- Lead and support department goals, objectives, and budgets.
- Follow safety and security guidelines to ensure safe workplace practices to protect health and wellbeing of all associates.
- Effectively communicate with hotel departments to ensure timely response and completion of housekeeping and cleanliness needs.
- Listen to guests and empathize with their challenges. When necessary, notify other departments and act on guests concerns.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Know, maintain, and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests and operations in emergencies.
Experience & Education:
- 3+ years of hotel housekeeping experience, preferably in a leadership role
- High School diploma or equivalency education certificate required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Reach, bend, stoop, kneel, and pivot frequently through workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, and maneuver up to 30 pounds occasionally
About First Hospitality…
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.
444 North Summit Street
Toledo, OH 43604
Current Job Openings
Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel
241 Room Hotel
Make yourself at home at our hotel on the Toledo waterfront
Experience the perfect blend of style and comfort at Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel. Ideally situated on the waterfront in the heart of downtown Toledo, Ohio, our AAA Four Diamond-rated hotel is moments from Huntington Center, SeaGate Convention Centre and the Toledo Museum of Art. When you're not exploring the area, settle into our upscale, pet-friendly rooms and suites, which boast plush bedding, 55-inch flat-screen TVs and 24-hour room service. Many of our hotel accommodations also feature waterfront or city views. After a busy day downtown, check out our rooftop bar, The Heights, for unbeatable vistas and custom cocktails, or visit our restaurant, Brim House, for hearty fare. If you're in downtown Toledo for business, our 13 event spaces provide the perfect setting for your gathering. Take advantage of our amenities during your stay in Ohio, including a fitness center, executive lounge, valet parking and business center. A truly special visit awaits you at Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel.