Maintenance Engineer Part-Time
posted September 18, 2023
What's in it for you…
- Insurance enrollment available from DAY 1!
- Paid time off available from DAY 1!
- Holiday pay available from DAY 1!
- 401(k) enrollment after 30 days!
- Hotel and travel discounts at worldwide destinations!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
About this job...
Maintenance Engineers perform an instrumental role in the overall functionality of the hotel facility and system operation. Engineers tackle routine challenges, preventative maintenance, and respond to guest needs when something isn’t working as it should. The primary responsibility of a Maintenance Engineer is proactive upkeep of equipment and systems, proper and adequate repair of building and equipment, safe use of tools and other power equipment, and support of guest and operational needs.
What you'll be doing...
- Proactively maintain the physical building structure, building systems, and equipment by performing preventative and routine maintenance
- Complete grounds and custodial work as needed or assigned
- Use tools and other power equipment, following all manufacturer and other safety guidelines to ensure safety of self and others
- Complete needed or assigned building, equipment, or room repairs including but not limited to plumbing, painting, carpentry, sheetrock, and electrical work.
- Prioritize repairs or maintenance needs that may inconvenience or negatively impact the experience of hotel guests.
- Effectively communicate with hotel departments to ensure timely response and completion of maintenance needs.
- Listen to guests and empathize with their challenges. When necessary, notify other departments and act on guests concerns.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Know, maintain, and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests or hotel operations in emergencies.
- If applicable, maintain balance and security of house bank and accurately log all transactions.
Experience & Education:
- 2+ years of maintenance experience, preferably in a hotel or similar facility
- High School diploma or equivalency education certificate required
- Electrical and/or plumbing certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license may be required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Reach, bend, stoop, kneel, and pivot frequently through workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, and maneuver up to 75 pounds occasionally
About First Hospitality...
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.
240 South Hancock Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Home2 Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown NuLu
100 Room Extended Stay
A Downtown Extended Stay Hotel in Louisville
Stay a while at our Home2 Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown NuLu hotel. Within steps of the Louisville Hospital Complex, we combine the old and new, providing great amenities in unique surroundings. Walk to NuLu, known for art galleries, boutique shopping and unique dining.
Each morning of your stay will bring a new breakfast combination. Mix and match your favorite breakfast, choosing from a variety of cereals, artisan breakfast sandwiches, waffles, hot cereals, yogurt and assorted toppings, for over 400 possibilities. Every room in our all-suite hotel is customizable to your needs with moveable furniture, a full kitchen, sofa bed, free WiFi and an HDTV with premium channels. Choose a one bedroom suite for more space, two TVs and dining table with chairs.
Multi-task like a pro at the Spin2 Cycle, when you run on the treadmill while running a load of wash. When you need to finish a project, use the 24-hour business center with free WiFi and printing. Stop by the 24-hour Home2Mkt for a snack and any forgotten travel essentials. Plan an event in our 750 sq. ft. of space for up to 35 people, a great choice for small weddings, reunions and team training sessions.