Front Desk Agent (AM)
posted September 18, 2023
What's in it for you…
- Insurance enrollment available from DAY 1!
- Paid time off available from DAY 1!
- Holiday pay available from DAY 1!
- 401(k) enrollment after 30 days!
- Hotel and travel discounts at worldwide destinations!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
About this job...
Guest Service Representatives are often the first in-person contact for hotel guests and support the realized and unrealized needs of guests throughout the hospitality experience. Serving as a brand liaison, Guest Service Representatives are engaging, attentive, service-oriented, and take a creative approach to problem solving. The primary responsibility of a Guest Service Representative is to deliver and exceed guest expectations, execute brand service standards, resolve challenges, and maintain excellent communication with guests, peers, and supervisors.
What you'll be doing...
- Welcome arriving guests and complete the hotel’s arrival/check-in experience, ensuring special requests are fulfilled and accurate information is received.
- Engage in purposeful communication and build rapport with guests, creating an open dialogue to uncover guest expectations and unrealized needs.
- Effectively engage with guests through phone or electronic communication consistent with hotel brand standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Promote hotel brand loyalty programs, encourage guest participation, and offer special rate packages and upgrades when appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with hotel departments to ensure timely and accurate delivery of guest expectations, fulfillment of needs, and challenge resolution.
- Listen to guests and empathize with their challenges. When necessary, solicit guest feedback and act on guests concerns.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Know and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests in emergencies.
- Use hotel communication log and verbal or electronic means to notify fellow associates and/or supervisors of pertinent information.
- If applicable, maintain balance and security of house bank and accurately log all transactions.
Experience & Education:
- 2+ years of customer service experience, preferably in Hospitality or related industry
- High School diploma or equivalency education certificate required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day at standing desk/computer; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, and maneuver up to 30 pounds occasionally
About First Hospitality…
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.
240 South Hancock Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Home2 Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown NuLu
100 Room Extended Stay
A Downtown Extended Stay Hotel in Louisville
Stay a while at our Home2 Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown NuLu hotel. Within steps of the Louisville Hospital Complex, we combine the old and new, providing great amenities in unique surroundings. Walk to NuLu, known for art galleries, boutique shopping and unique dining.
Each morning of your stay will bring a new breakfast combination. Mix and match your favorite breakfast, choosing from a variety of cereals, artisan breakfast sandwiches, waffles, hot cereals, yogurt and assorted toppings, for over 400 possibilities. Every room in our all-suite hotel is customizable to your needs with moveable furniture, a full kitchen, sofa bed, free WiFi and an HDTV with premium channels. Choose a one bedroom suite for more space, two TVs and dining table with chairs.
Multi-task like a pro at the Spin2 Cycle, when you run on the treadmill while running a load of wash. When you need to finish a project, use the 24-hour business center with free WiFi and printing. Stop by the 24-hour Home2Mkt for a snack and any forgotten travel essentials. Plan an event in our 750 sq. ft. of space for up to 35 people, a great choice for small weddings, reunions and team training sessions.