Guest Service Representative On-Call Part-Time
posted September 15, 2023
What's in it for you…
- Insurance enrollment available from DAY 1!
- Paid time off available from DAY 1!
- Holiday pay available from DAY 1!
- 401(k) enrollment after 30 days!
- Hotel and travel discounts at worldwide destinations!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
About this job...
Guest Service Representatives are often the first in-person contact for hotel guests and support the realized and unrealized needs of guests throughout the hospitality experience. Serving as a brand liaison, Guest Service Representatives are engaging, attentive, service-oriented, and take a creative approach to problem solving. The primary responsibility of a Guest Service Representative is to deliver and exceed guest expectations, execute brand service standards, resolve challenges, and maintain excellent communication with guests, peers, and supervisors.
What you'll be doing...
- Welcome arriving guests and complete the hotel’s arrival/check-in experience, ensuring special requests are fulfilled and accurate information is received.
- Engage in purposeful communication and build rapport with guests, creating an open dialogue to uncover guest expectations and unrealized needs.
- Effectively engage with guests through phone or electronic communication consistent with hotel brand standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Promote hotel brand loyalty programs, encourage guest participation, and offer special rate packages and upgrades when appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with hotel departments to ensure timely and accurate delivery of guest expectations, fulfillment of needs, and challenge resolution.
- Listen to guests and empathize with their challenges. When necessary, solicit guest feedback and act on guests concerns.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Know and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests in emergencies.
- Use hotel communication log and verbal or electronic means to notify fellow associates and/or supervisors of pertinent information.
- If applicable, maintain balance and security of house bank and accurately log all transactions.
Experience & Education:
- 2+ years of customer service experience, preferably in Hospitality or related industry
- High School diploma or equivalency education certificate required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day at standing desk/computer; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, and maneuver up to 30 pounds occasionally
About First Hospitality…
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.
1101 4th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown
210 Room Hotel
A Second Home in Downtown Minneapolis
The Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown is situated just one block from Minneapolis Convention Center, within walking distance to the bustling Nicollet Mall shopping strip and in the heart of downtown Minneapolis' corporations and entertainment. Visit the Walker Art Center or see a show at the Orchestra Hall. Stay in a spacious guest room at this downtown Minneapolis hotel, all of which feature contemporary decor and include complimentary WiFi access.
Swim laps in the hotel's indoor swimming pool and keep fit in the fitness center with both cardiovascular machines and weights. Borrow a Stay Fit Kit® from reception to work out in the privacy of your own room. Keep up with work in the business center, and host meetings and other events in The Lakes. Start each day with a delicious cooked-to-order breakfast at The Garden Grille & Bar restaurant, or pick up supplies at the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® convenience store.