Front Desk Supervisor
posted September 26, 2023
What’s in it for you…
- Insurance enrollment available from DAY 1!
- Paid time off available from DAY 1!
- Holiday pay available from DAY 1!
- 401(k) enrollment after 30 days!
- Hotel and travel discounts at worldwide destinations!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
The impact you’ll make…
The Front Desk Supervisor is part of the management structure of the Front Office. He or she will aid the other managers in monitoring the daily operations of the hotel by supporting and supervising all front office operations and staff, oversee hotel availability, room inventory and ensure overall guest satisfaction.
You’ll enjoy this job because…
- You want to grow within Front Office
- You enjoy providing excellent guest experience
- You’re self-motivated to go above and beyond
What you’ll be doing…
- Supervise and support all Front Office staff (including Front Desk and Bell/Door Staff) to ensure policies and procedures are followed while welcoming guests
- Review and prepare for daily arrivals and look at business on book at least seven days out on a daily basis
- Hold shift briefings to communicate daily events, VIPs, current hotel offerings, updated policies, weekly training topics, occupancy, day of selling strategy, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of all of hotel outlet offerings, facilities and local area events
- Account for daily yielding, balancing of house with room types/rates, correct settlement of room revenue and ensure credit is established on all accounts in accordance with proper accounting procedures
- Address any credit concerns and communicate any outstanding issues to the next shift manager for follow-up
- Ensure accurate guest data is inputted into HMS profile including comments, history, etc.
- Report and follow up on any guest issues while maintaining a high level of confidentiality will all guest information
- Maintain a detailed log with all guest issues and resolutions
- Communicate hotel’s needs to appropriate departments to ensure room availability and open calls are being addressed in a timely manner with follow-up to the guest that issue is satisfactorily resolved
- Assist with implementation of new policies and procedures and also ensure staff has adherence of existing grooming and attendance policies
- Assist with the training process of new hires and identify training needs with existing employees by weekly focus on “topics of the week”
- Drive Hotel scores and share positive feedback and address on an individual basis with any negative feedback
- Maintain a positive and professional environment in guest areas and in back of the house that motivates and inspires the staff.
- Must possess basic ability to analyze and understand forecasts and budgets
- Other duties as assigned
You should be able to…
- Speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- Sit, stand, walk, and be in front of a computer for 8+ hours
- Customer service experience, preferably in Hospitality or related industry
- High School diploma or equivalency education certificate required
About First Hospitality…
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.
444 North Summit Street
Toledo, OH 43604
Current Job Openings
Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel
241 Room Hotel
Make yourself at home at our hotel on the Toledo waterfront
Experience the perfect blend of style and comfort at Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel. Ideally situated on the waterfront in the heart of downtown Toledo, Ohio, our AAA Four Diamond-rated hotel is moments from Huntington Center, SeaGate Convention Centre and the Toledo Museum of Art. When you're not exploring the area, settle into our upscale, pet-friendly rooms and suites, which boast plush bedding, 55-inch flat-screen TVs and 24-hour room service. Many of our hotel accommodations also feature waterfront or city views. After a busy day downtown, check out our rooftop bar, The Heights, for unbeatable vistas and custom cocktails, or visit our restaurant, Brim House, for hearty fare. If you're in downtown Toledo for business, our 13 event spaces provide the perfect setting for your gathering. Take advantage of our amenities during your stay in Ohio, including a fitness center, executive lounge, valet parking and business center. A truly special visit awaits you at Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel.