About this job...
The Housekeeping Supervisor supports training and development of room attendants and house attendants while promoting the cleanliness and productivity goals of the housekeeping department. Responsible for inspecting rooms and public spaces, ensuring availability and accessibility of necessary supplies, and supporting a safe and structured work environment, the Housekeeping Supervisor plays a critical role in overall employee and guest satisfaction.
What you'll be doing...
- Provide direction and support to Room Attendants and Housemen, ensuring the Housekeeping Department is run in a smooth, efficient manner.
- Responsible to oversee the day-to-day operation of the housekeeping department to maintain the standards of service and cleanliness.
- Inspect guest rooms and public spaces to ensure cleanliness, adherence to brand standard, and overall guest satisfaction
- Assists in the development and implementation of innovative promotional and sales events by seeking out creative ways to improve service.
- Helps to ensure a clean and safe working environment, with continual emphasis on promoting employee health and safety.
- Assists in training colleagues in proper safety techniques.
- Responsible for the department orientation and training of new housekeepers and following up to ensure company and brand standards are met.
- Engage in effective leadership techniques to motivate and encourage team members toward the common goal of guest satisfaction.
- Assist in resolving issues as they arise to promote department stability.
- Clean guest rooms when necessary
- Complete additional tasks as assigned by management
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Able to stand, walk, reach, bend, stoop, and pivot frequently
- Able to lift, lower, and maneuver up to 30 pounds; able to push/pull up to 150 pounds
- 1-3 years experience as a room attendant or houseman strongly preferred
- Computer literacy
About First Hospitality...
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.