What's in it for you…
- Competitive compensation package!
- Hotel discount at locations worldwide!
- Paid time off and holiday pay incentives!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
- Full benefit options available!
- 401(k) available for all associates!
About this job...
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the overall maintenance, upkeep, and functionality of the hotel physical structure, mechanical systems, equipment, and guestrooms. Chief Engineers must be highly self-motivated and regimented to ensure routine maintenance tasks are completed safely and to standard. Serving as the lead of the hotel’s engineering department, the Chief Engineer must also lead and develop the maintenance team. The primary responsibility of the Chief Engineer is proactive upkeep of equipment and systems, proper and adequate repair of building and equipment, safe use of tools and other power equipment, effective troubleshooting of problems, support of guest and operational needs, and leadership of the engineering team.
What you'll be doing...
Proactively maintain the physical building structure, building systems, and equipment by performing preventative and routine maintenance, recommending professional contractor support when needed.
- Ensure completion of grounds and custodial work as needed.
Use tools and other power equipment, following all manufacturer and other safety guidelines to ensure safety of self and others.
Complete needed or assigned building, equipment, or room repairs including but not limited to plumbing, painting, carpentry, sheetrock, and electrical work using the appropriate tools and methods consistent with standards of safety and quality.
Prioritize repairs or maintenance needs that may inconvenience or negatively impact the experience of hotel guests.
Effectively communicate with hotel departments to ensure timely response and completion of maintenance needs.
- Listen to guests and empathize with their challenges. When necessary, notify other departments and act on guests concerns.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
Train, instruct, and support the hotel’s engineering team.
- Know, maintain, and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests and operations in emergencies.
- If applicable, maintain balance and security of house bank and accurately log all transactions.
Experience & Education:
- 5+ years of maintenance or engineering experience, preferably in a hotel or similar facility
- High School diploma or equivalency education certificate required
- Electrical and/or plumbing certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license may be required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Reach, bend, stoop, kneel, and pivot frequently through workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, and maneuver up to 75 pounds occasionally
About First Hospitality…
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.