What's in it for you…
- Competitive total compensation package!
- Paid time off and holiday pay incentives!
- Bonus incentives!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and supplemental insurance available!
- 401(k) available for all associates!
- Hotel discount at locations worldwide!
About this job…
The Rooms Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the hotel specifically front office and housekeeping day to day operations. Tasked with cultivating a best-in-class team, the Rooms Manager is responsible for leading hiring, training, and retention efforts. A successful Rooms Manager will lead a well-functioning hotel operation, proactively address guest concerns, inspire associates to deliver on expectations, and promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all hotel guests and associates.
What you’ll be doing…
Proactively address guest concerns by ensuring appropriate, accessible, and convenient amenities and service offerings.
Control purchasing to ensure effective management of controllable expenses.
Hire, train, and motivate an effective hotel team to deliver on guest expectations.
Promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all hotel guests and associates by building relationships with hotel leaders to promote a positive culture.
Lead the hotel team through personal example while inspiring hotel leaders to uphold the culture of the company and hotel.
Effectively communicate with housekeeping and front desk departments to ensure availability of supplies and tools needed to perform work.
- Listen to guests and empathize with their challenges and act on guests concerns.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Know, maintain, and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests and operations in emergencies.
Experience & Education:
- 1+ year of hotel operations management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience with Opera PMS is preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong diplomacy skills with focus on problem solving
- Strong administrative skills with intermediate experience with Microsoft Office systems
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day; stand, sit, and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, and maneuver up to 30 pounds occasionally
About First Hospitality…
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.