What's in it for you...
- Competitive compensation package!
- Hotel discount at locations worldwide!
- Paid time off and holiday pay incentives!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
- 401(k) available for all associates!
- Full benefit options available!
About this job...
Senior Catering Sales Managers are the energetic, positive, tenacious, and competitive force behind hotel revenue generation. They handle more complex social and local corporate catering opportunities that are above sales office parameters (e.g.,, 150 covers) and provide day to day supervision to catering sales associates that are on-property. The primary role of a Senior Catering Sales Manager is to identify prospective clientele, effectively negotiate and sell a complete solution, support client needs throughout the process, and book repeat business by exceeding client expectations.
What you'll be doing...
- Manages the sales efforts for the property including local corporate and social catering.
- Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the property within 24 hours.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market - competitors strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market..
- Develops and manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets.
- Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of catering promotions.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Establishes that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
- Handles more complex social and local corporate catering opportunities that are above sales office parameters (e.g., 150 covers).
- Contracts and closes local catering and social business and confirms that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
- Achieves catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue.
- Implements the brands service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
- Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to monitor guest satisfaction.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Experience & Education:
- 2+ years of catering sales experience, preferably in hotels or related field
- 2-year degree in hospitality management or sales preferred, or equivalent experience and education
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including electronic communication
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day sitting desk/computer; stand and walk occasionally throughout workday
- Lift, lower, and maneuver up to 10 pounds occasionally
- Manual dexterity and repetitive motions required throughout workday
About First Hospitality...
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.