What's in it for you...
- Hotel discount at locations worldwide!
- Paid time off and holiday pay incentives!
- Quarterly Bonus Program and Internal Incentives
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
- Full benefit options available!
- 401(k) available for all associates!
About this job...
We are seeking a positive, service-oriented, and self-motivated Director of Catering to join our team. The Director of Catering is responsible for the local catering market in and around Toledo, Ohio . This position will supervise individuals who have a diverse array of responsibilities including event and catering mangers . This position will be responsible for sourcing, prospecting, and selling the local catering market. The Director of Catering will oversee the execution of banquets and catering and will be responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction while revenue goals are met/exceeded. This position will develop and maintain exemplary relationships with outside vendors and utilize those relationships to maximize profitability and service. This position will also develop strong internal relationships and utilize the network of resources around them . The Director of Catering will support and motivate the Sales team to exceed departmental and company goals and report to the Director of Sales.
What you'll be doing...
- Provide professional customer service to internal and external customers
- Oversee the coordination and successful execution of all sales calls, site tours, programs/services contracted through the catering department.
- Rectify any deficiencies with operational departments
- Responsible for the supervision and performance of catering personnel.
- Coordinate and communicate with outside vendors to maximize relationships, profitability, performance, and service standards
- Exhibits a genuine internal drive that demonstrates consistent regard and dedication to guests and the organization by being engaged, interested, and productive.
- Applies individuality to the effectiveness of the team and organization while building constructive and effective relationships; collaborates to achieve positive results.
- Demonstrates the courage to accept responsibility and take initiative for the situation/circumstance and see it through. Has the ability to step outside one’s comfort zone and present new ideas and perspectives to create positive outcomes.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of our marketplace; actively and collaboratively assists in building the best practices necessary for the hotel’s success. Understands the impact one’s actions and decisions have on the business, both financially and on customer relations.
- Ensure cooperation and coordination with other departments/managers the daily flow of our Hotel's Operations
- Prepare, oversee, and forecast, in conjunction with the Director of Sales, Director of F&B/GM the department's financial goals.
Experience & Education:
- 2+ years of sales and or catering experience, preferably in hotels or related field
- 4-year degree in hospitality management or sales preferred, or equivalent experience and education
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with vendors, guest, management, and employees
- Must be able to speak, read, and write Basic English enabling one to communicate effectively with all guests, hotel management and staff.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly while maintaining a high level of confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Must have a friendly, helpful personality enabling one to handle stress and guest relations pleasantly and effectively.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented to facilitate accurate completion of all required forms and procedures properly with urgency when needed.
- 8+ hours per day sitting desk/computer; stand and walk occasionally throughout workday
- Lift, lower, and maneuver up to 10 pounds occasionally
- Manual dexterity and repetitive motions required throughout workday
About First Hospitality...
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.