What's in it for you…
- Hotel discount at locations worldwide!
- Paid time off and holiday pay incentives!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
- Flexible schedules for full-time and part-time work!
- 401(k) available for all associates!
- Full benefit options available for full-time associates!
About this job...
Banquet Bartenders provide attentive, dynamic, and inspiring beverage service for our restaurant guests. Thorough knowledge of mixology, the banquet food and beverage menus, and recommended pairings is critical to success. Banquet Bartenders must be proactive in handling guest needs, be highly engaging, service-oriented, and take a creative approach to problem solving. The primary responsibility of a Banquet Bartender is to deliver and exceed guest expectations, execute the restaurant vision, resolve challenges, and maintain excellent communication with guests, peers, and supervisors.
What you'll be doing...
- Prepare the bar for service by cleaning guest and service spaces and stocking essential supplies for ease of use. Retrieve liquor based on requisition.
- Learn details on each menu item to provide food and beverage recommendations to guests, highlighting unique restaurant offerings and specials.
- Prepare cocktails and other beverages to specification with accuracy, honoring special requests and ensuring guest delight.
- Effectively engage and build rapport with guests to identify needs and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Proactively communicate special needs or requests and take ownership to resolve guest challenges, working collaboratively with the restaurant team.
- Maintain cleanliness of restaurant spaces throughout and after shift, completing side work and stocking as needed or assigned.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with restaurant and company expectations.
- Know and communicate restaurant emergency procedures; inform and assist guests in emergencies.
- Take on additional tasks as necessary or assigned by restaurant leadership.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language(s) used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, and maneuver up to 30 pounds frequently
- Reach, bend, stoop, and pivot frequently throughout the workday
About First Hospitality...
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.