Position Summary: The Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel
is seeking a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Barista to join our team. The Barista will work closely with the hotel’s Food & Beverage team. This position’s primary function is to serve quality products to customers in a friendly and professional manner while adhering to the standards set by First Hospitality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops knowledge on goods sold in our coffeehouse including coffee, teas and baked goods.
- Greets guests/customers in a friendly, personalized and professional manner.
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders.
- Provides quality beverages and food products while adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Answers telephone in courteous and friendly manner.
- Accurately answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation and other product information.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good verbal communication skills.
- Flexible availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Expected to regularly handle various food and beverage products.
- Knowledge of applicable computer programs for ringing up customer orders.
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to stand for hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- High school or equivalent education required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER