What's in it for you…
- Hotel discount at locations worldwide!
- Paid time off and holiday pay incentives!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
- 401(k) available for all associates!
- Full benefit options available for full-time associates!
About this job...
Laundry Attendants greatly influence overall guest satisfaction by ensuring bed and table linens and towels are properly cleaned and readied for guest use. The primary responsibility of a Laundry Attendant is to ensure linens are in good condition and sorted, cleaned, folded, and available for use according to standard.
What you'll be doing...
Retrieve linen and towels from guest rooms, public spaces, and other areas of the hotel as directed.
Sort, load, unload, fold, and press linen and other items according to hotel standard.
Operate washing, drying, and pressing equipment according to instruction, following all applicable safety standards.
- Always maintain cleanliness and organization of laundry room.
Inspect linen and towels for stains, tears, or other imperfections to ensure guest satisfaction. Report or log deficiencies to the Executive Housekeeper.
Effectively communicate with hotel departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel and company expectations.
- Secure and maintain custody of equipment, keys, and supplies.
- Know and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests in emergencies.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instruction in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, and maneuver up to 30 pounds occasionally
- Reach, bend, stoop, and pivot frequently throughout the workday
About First Hospitality...
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.