- Hotel discounts
- Paid time off and holiday pay incentives!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and supplemental insurance available!
- 401(k) available for all associates!
About this job…
The Vice President of Sales drives revenue generation through aggressive goal setting, team motivation, and proven sales strategies. The primary role of the VP of Sales is to lead hotel profitability through an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, develop and execute a strategic sales plan, motivate and train the sales teams to exceed targets, and achieve revenue and market share goals.
What you’ll be doing…
- Using business tools and first-hand observation, analyze market competition, market trends, and identify client needs.
- Provide collaboration, mentorship, coaching, and training to regional sales team, continually assessing strengths and opportunities of team members. Work hands on with the regional sales team to assure their growth and development.
- Partner with General Managers and regional team to assure accountability of sales goals.
- Work with our regional sales team to assure we have strategies to proactively solicit and secure business from new and prospective clients using proven sales strategies aligned with the hotel’s brand and vision.
- Working with regional teams to assure we have property staffing structure and reduce staffing vacancies.
- Ensure effective utilization of selling guidelines to maximize revenue contribution from all segments, employing cross-segment selling strategies when needed.
- Supervise client contract process including negotiation, provisions, supplemental solution selling, and contract generation, capturing all information necessary for execution and billing.
- Effectively communicate with hotel departments to ensure timely and accurate delivery of client expectations, fulfillment of needs, and challenge resolution.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Work with property teams and First Hospitality regional teams to assure there is clear communication and expectations.
Experience & Education:
- 10+ years of Sales experience, preferably in both full and select service with major brands.
- 10+ Years of Experience in a Direct Leadership role
- 4-year degree in hospitality management or sales preferred, or equivalent experience and education
- Ability to analyze property staffing deployment and effectiveness
- Ability to creatively source and recruit talent in primary & tertiary markets
- Experience with third party meeting planner resources
- Experience with major sales systems such as Delphi & Ci/TY
- Knowledge, experience, and ability to evaluate effectiveness of sales expenses such as industry tradeshows, advertising, and third-party data.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including electronic communication
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- Must be able to travel 75% of the time. Travel is outside the local area and overnight.
- Must be physically located within 60 miles of a major airport in the Midwest
About First Hospitality…
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.