What's in it for you…
- Hotel discount at locations worldwide!
- Paid time off and holiday pay incentives!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
- Flexible schedules for full-time and part-time work!
- 401(k) available for all associates!
- Full benefit options available for full-time associates!
About this job...
House Persons support the overall functionality of the hotel Housekeeping department. Ensuring availability and accessibility of supplies, maintenance of equipment, and cleanliness of storerooms and back-of-house areas, House Persons perform impactful work. House Persons assist with trash removal, linen retrieval and sorting, and create clean and organized spaces to promote efficiency and effective hotel housekeeping operations.
What you'll be doing...
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of storeroom shelves and other supply storage areas to promote ease of supply retrieval and inventory.
- Clean and organize back-of-house areas including doors, walls, closets, lockers, refreshment areas, and fixtures to maintain a clean, organized, and presentable work environment
- When necessary, support cleanliness of public spaces including guest corridors, lobby areas, public restroom facilities, and exterior spaces of the hotel.
- Retrieve and properly dispose of trash from guest rooms, public areas, and back-of-house areas.
- When necessary, take ownership to resolve guest challenges, working collaboratively with the hotel’s Housekeeping and Guest Service teams.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Know and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests in emergencies.
- Take on additional tasks as necessary or assigned by hotel leadership.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, and maneuver up to 30 pounds occasionally
- Reach, bend, stoop, and pivot frequently throughout the workday
About First Hospitality...
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.