About this job…
The Assistant General Manager leads the hotel’s operations departments, including Front Desk and Housekeeping. Assistant General Managers must be strong problem-solvers with an unwavering focus on guest satisfaction throughout the hospitality experience. As the team leader, Assistant General Managers must ensure adequate staffing, promote hotel brand standards, train and coach team members, and model expected behavior. The primary responsibilities of an Assistant General Manager include attracting and retaining top talent on the guest services team, housekeeping department, resolving guest challenges, modeling and executing hotel brand service standards, exceeding guest expectations, and maintaining excellent communication with guests, team members, supervisors, and overseeing the other Department Heads.
What you’ll be doing…
Welcome arriving guests and complete the hotel’s arrival/check-in experience, ensuring special requests are fulfilled and accurate information is received.
- Engage in purposeful communication and build rapport with guests, creating an open dialogue to uncover guest expectations and unrealized needs.
- Effectively engage with guests through phone or electronic communication consistent with hotel brand standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
Promote hotel brand loyalty programs, encourage guest participation, and offer special rate packages and upgrades when appropriate.
Effectively communicate with hotel departments to ensure timely and accurate delivery of guest expectations, fulfillment of needs, and challenge resolution.
- Ensure 100% guest satisfaction with cleanliness by Inspecting guest rooms
- Assign daily room tasks to housekeepers based on inventory and arrivals
Scheduling of employee based on occupancy, and business needs
- Listen to guests and empathize with their challenges. When necessary, solicit guest feedback and act on guests concerns.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Know and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests in emergencies.
- Use hotel communication log and verbal or electronic means to notify fellow associates and/or supervisors of pertinent information.
- If applicable, maintain balance and security of house bank and accurately log all transactions.
Experience & Education:
- 2+ years of customer service experience, preferably in Hospitality or related industry
- 1 Year of Supervisory experience
- High School diploma or equivalency education certificate required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day at standing desk/computer; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, and maneuver up to 30 pounds occasionally
About First Hospitality…
Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, First Hospitality is a forward-thinking hotel development, investment, and management company. First Hospitality’s strategic vision is to create value for all through excellence and an openness to doing things differently.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.