Autograph Collection hotels are high personality upper upscale and luxury independent hotels that also deliver high quality and functionality. Autograph Collection hotels cater to both business and leisure travelers with a desire to experience what’s fresh, inventive and original or simply unique. Be a part of our team and deliver innovative guest experiences that resist predictability. Autograph Collection Hotels are truly exactly like nothing else.
We seek a solution minded, energetic, authentic and motivated individual to join our team and make their mark. This position requires grit, determination and a high level of focus and heart to solicit new business while exceeding expectations from a servicing and execution standpoint.
The Convention Service Manager will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing and will work closely with the Hotel’s Sales and Event team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively solicit and secure catering functions (portion of corporate and social), that align with the total Hotel’s strategy.
- Meet or exceed booking goals by confirming new catering functions and upsell opportunities.
- Bring to life clientele visions by thoroughly understanding objectives and partnering across all departments to execute. Servicing responsibilities include groups made up of 10 room nights or more in total, social and catering functions of all size and weddings.
- Orchestrate site tours and tastings to assist clientele in determining decisions for their custom events and/or meetings.
- Manage all elements involved in servicing ranging from banquet event orders, group resumes, preparing custom amenities to seeking out and confirm event logistics and enforcing the agreement.
- Deliver banquet event orders on a timely basis (10 days) and ensure accuracy. Ensure changes are communicated timely to impacted departments/operations leaders.
- Efficiently forecast function and group revenue associated with all events.
- Assist Catering Managers as needed
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales.
- Marriott CI/TY, Social Tables and Opera experience a plus but not required
- Demonstrate a passion for exceeding expectations.
- Must possess superb verbal & written communication skills to frequently negotiate with and influence others.
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- Advanced knowledge and experience within the sales and events profession required.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations; maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Exceptional service skills, with strong ability to foster effective relationships with all levels of staff, management and clientele.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes nights and weekends.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER