Restaurant Servers provide attentive, dynamic, and inspiring tableside service for our restaurant guests. Thorough knowledge of the food and beverage menus including recommended offerings and pairings is critical to success. Restaurant Servers must be proactive in handling guest needs, be highly engaging and service-oriented, and take a creative approach to problem solving. The primary responsibility of a Restaurant Server is to deliver and exceed guest expectations, execute the restaurant vision, resolve challenges, and maintain excellent communication with guests, peers, and supervisors.
Prepare the restaurant for service by cleaning guest and service spaces and stocking essential supplies for ease of use.
- Learn details on each menu item to provide food and beverage recommendations to guests, highlighting unique restaurant offerings and specials.
Accurately detail each order, ensuring accuracy and guest delight.
- Effectively engage and build rapport with guests to identify needs and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Proactively communicate special needs or requests and take ownership to resolve guest challenges, working collaboratively with the restaurant team.
Maintain cleanliness of restaurant spaces throughout and after shift, completing side work and stocking as needed or assigned.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with restaurant and company expectations.
- Know and communicate restaurant emergency procedures; inform and assist guests in emergencies.
- Take on additional tasks as necessary or assigned by restaurant leadership.
Experience & Education:
- 1+ years of restaurant serving experience
- High School diploma or equivalency education certificate required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language(s) used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, and maneuver up to 30 pounds frequently
- Reach, bend, stoop, and pivot frequently throughout the workday