- Hotel discount at locations worldwide!
- Paid time off and holiday pay incentives!
- Professional development and promotion opportunities!
- Flexible schedules for full-time and part-time work!
- 401(k) available for all associates!
- Full benefit options available for full-time associates!
About this job…
Line cooks are essential to delivering a high-quality, consistent guest dining experience. Working with guidance from the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, Line Cooks execute food preparation and presentation methods to create Instagram-worthy food presentations. The primary role of a Line Cook is to practice all safe food-handling methods, accurately and consistently prepare food, adapt to guest requests for modifications, and work quickly and efficiently to meet service time expectations.
What you’ll be doing…
Prepare food of consistently high quality by following recipes and special instructions while upholding portion and production standards.
Follow all food safety standards by date marking, proper product rotation, and proper temperature and time holding.
Initiate preparation of food items based on anticipated needs.
Properly store all food products during and after use.
- Assist in food control standards to reduce waste.
Operate food preparation equipment such as fryers, broilers, stoves, steamers, food processors, mixers, slicers, ovens, steam tables, tilt kettles, waffle irons, flat-top grills, etc.
Clean and maintain all equipment and general working environment.
Contribute as a team member by reporting to work as scheduled, learning and refining processes and procedures, and supporting others as they learn.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience & Education:
- 1+ years of culinary experience
- High School diploma or equivalency education certificate required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in primary language used in the workplace
- 8+ hours per day; stand and walk frequently throughout the workday
- Reach, bend, stoop, and pivot frequently through workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, and maneuver up to 50 pounds occasionally
Managed by First Hospitality
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employee’s differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. FH fosters an inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility, and fairness. Equal Opportunity Employer.